If you have questions…guess what?
It’s your lucky day because we have answers to your most frequently asked questions!
What do I do if I’ve been in an accident? How do I navigate all the insurance stuff?
First of all, are you okay?
Second: you need to make an insurance claim through SGI.
Read more about how smooth the process is with Parr on our Had An Accident page!
A few options/circumstances can arise here:
- If your vehicle is unsafe or unable to be driven, it will be towed through the insurance claims department and then brought to your shop of choice. Please phone us and let us know your vehicle is coming here so we can get a file started for you and book you into our “tow or triage” lane.
- Has SGI sent an assignment to us yet? Did you tell them you’d like Parr to write your estimate?
- If your claim is not eligible for dispatch to a shop, SGI may need to write your estimate.
- If you have your estimate already, we can download it from the SGI website and start the repair process.
Even though this might seem a bit complicated, we do it every day and are happy to get you through this process!
Do you provide courtesy or rental cars? How am I going to get to work/home/Las Vegas? Do you have a shuttle vehicle?
While we do not own courtesy vehicles of our own, we partner with Enterprise to provide you with great rates and service for cars, trucks, and SUV’s if your rental is not covered by insurance.
We will also book and manage your SGI pay rental with Enterprise. Ask us about it and we would be happy to help you through that process.
We have Enterprise “on location” for your convenience.
Did you know you can add “loss of use” to your package policy for a reasonable amount of money? Make sure and ask your insurance broker about it when you are renewing your package policy!
If you do not require a rental, we can certainly shuttle you where you need to go!
Will you do an estimate to paint my whole vehicle, or fix rust?
We have chosen to specialize in collision repair, hail repair, animal hits, vandalism, etc. in order to best fit our customer’s needs. By all means, we would be glad to take a peek and give you some advice on the best way to proceed with your vehicle’s concerns. We often refer certain jobs to other partners in our industry that can best fit your requirements. We always want you to spend your hard earned dollars wisely.
With respect to rust repair, once it’s there, even fixed, it will never truly go away. Best way to get that rust to leave? Replace the entire panel! We would be happy to do an estimate for us to handle that for you.
What is betterment and/or depreciation?
Betterment, also known as depreciation, is a charge some insurance companies pass onto their customers for wearable parts. For example, if your tire is damaged in a collision, you are entitled to a new tire to replace the damaged one but if your tire is partially worn out, the insurance company will only pay for the “new” portion of the tire and expect the owner to pay the difference. Betterment can be charged on tires, suspension, wearable parts, even previously damaged body panels that require fixing under the insurance claim.
What the heck is PDR?
PDR or Paintless Dent Repair is a unique way of repairing some hail damage or minor “soft” dents that have not cracked the paint. We have an in house expert that can perform wonders with PDR!
When will my vehicle be ready?
Hmm, well this is a question we hear all day long. It is a totally valid question and concern from our customers. We all need wheels, we need to plan our busy lives and organize, carpool, hockey and dance schedules, road trips, etc.
The short answer? We can’t give you a promise of when it will be complete. What we can tell you is when your vehicle is dropped off for repairs this is the process it goes through for a proper and safe repair:
The Body Shop
- Our technicians coordinate with each other to ensure they have all necessary parts for your vehicle.
- Repairs start here and include panel replacement and possible light frame pulling
The Refinish Shop
- Once your vehicle is finished in the body shop, it moves to prep and paint.
- We’ve already got your paint colour chosen and most often, the paint mixed. But there’s a few steps ahead of spraying on colour!
- We carefully prep your vehicle, then clean it, mask it and get it ready for our techs to spray the PPG Envirobase colour.
- Base coat is finished off with PPG Envirobase Clear Coat.
- This is where we put your vehicle all back together again.
- The length of time in assembly depends on how much of the vehicle was taken apart during the repair process.
- At this point, we may send your vehicle out for any suspension/mechanical repairs; for example, a wheel alignment if required.
- Your vehicle goes through our outgoing detail process.
- We do a thorough inspection ensuring that all items in the repair plan are completed.
We call you when the keys cross our front desk and it’s then it’s ready for pick up!
Do you do mechanical or suspension work?
As much as we’d love to, we’ve chosen to specialize in collision repair only. We sublet (send out) all of our mechanical work, including wheel alignments to a select shop(s) that we highly trust with both our own vehicles and our customers’ vehicles.
Why do you want a copy of my package policy?
If we have a copy of your package policy, we can correctly determine your deductible, whether you have LOU (loss of use), and if you have replacement cost insurance. Good information for us to have!
When can I drop my car off?
We like to see our incoming vehicles earlier in the day, however, we are incredibly flexible to the needs of our customers!
What if I can’t pick up or drop off my vehicle during regular business hours?
Hey, we get it. Life is darn busy! We will do our best to be flexible and accommodate and an after hours pick up or drop off. Let us know and we’d be pleased to assist. Are you going to be away? We may even be able to deliver your vehicle!